Follow the means beneath to reinstall/uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor from your Windows or Mac PC.
NOTE: WebAdvisor is compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10. Notwithstanding, if your PC is running on Windows Vista or XP, rather than WebAdvisor, McAfee SiteAdvisor will get introduced.
Here are ways by which you can introduce McAfee WebAdvisor and SiteAdvisor:
- Through a standalone application, or
- Through an incorporated component of McAfee Windows security item.
In the event that you only wish to inactivate your protection for a brief time, utilize the principal option, which cripples the program add-on without uninstalling the program.
The most effective method to briefly debilitate the McAfee WebAdvisor or SiteAdvisor program add-on
- Open the Chrome program.
- Select the menu icon on the upper right corner (addressed as three specks stacked one on the other).
- Click on More Tools, and afterward click on Extensions.
- Incapacitate the checkmark present close to the McAfee SiteAdvisor or WebAdvisor.
Through Internet Explorer
- Open the Internet Explorer tab.
- Click on the 'Apparatuses' menu.
- Select 'Oversee Add-ons'.
- Pick the McAfee SiteAdvisor or WebAdvisor add-on,and then click on Disable.
While utilizing Firefox
- Open the Firefox tab.
- Click on the stacked menu icon present in the upper right corner.
- Select Add-ons.
- Click on Disable presentnext to McAfee SiteAdvisor or WebAdvisor.
Eliminating McAfee WebAdvisor/SiteAdvisor (standalone)
Subsequent to following the means mentioned above, guarantee that you introduce your item again when you can to stay ensured. For that, look at the 'Related Information' section given underneath.
Uninstalling McAfee WebAdvisor from Windows
- Initially, close all presently running internet browsers.
- Then, click on the 'Start' button present on the base left of your Windows work area.
- Type 'control board' in the inquiry box and press 'Enter'.
In the Control Panel:
- Double tap on the 'Projects and Features' tab or the 'Add/Remove Programs' tab
- Select the 'McAfee SiteAdvisor' or 'McAfee WebAdvisor' from the projects list.
- Click on the Uninstall/Change' or 'Eliminate' button.
- At last, restart your computer.
Uninstalling McAfee WebAdvisor from Mac
Do take note of: The standalone edition of McAfee WebAdvisor compatible for Mac doesn't exist any longer. Macintosh compatible WebAdvisor is currently a totally in-constructed highlight of 'McAfee LiveSafe', so uninstalling it would require eliminating the LiveSafe also. Be that as it may, in its place, you can do the accompanying all things considered:
- First and foremost, open LiveSafe for Mac.
- Then, click on 'Personality'.
- Click on the 'McAfee WebAdvisor' present on the left sheet.
- Presently, click on the 'lock' to roll out the vital improvements. Enter your secret word when incited.
- Click on the flip change present on the upper right corner to cripple WebAdvisor.
- Finally, click on 'lock' to for all time save everything changes done.
Uninstalling McAfee WebAdvisor from Android
SiteAdvisor isn't accessible as a standalone item for Android any longer; it is presently a component of the McAfee Mobile Security (MMS) framework.
For uninstalling SiteAdvisor from Android, you should uninstall MMS first. For additional instructions, visit the connection: TS101407. (SiteAdvisor doesn't deal with iOS)
Step by step instructions to uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor or SiteAdvisor that is a piece of your security item
In the wake of following the means given underneath, guarantee that you introduce your item when you can generally to stay ensured.
Uninstalling from Windows
- Close all effectively running internet browsers.
- Click on 'Start' on the base left of your Windows work area.
In the inquiry box:
- Type incontrol board' and press 'Enter'.
- In the Control Panel:
- Double tap on 'Add/Remove Programs' or 'Projects and Features'.
- Pick McAfee WebAdvisor or McAfee SiteAdvisor from the rundown that follows.
- Click on Uninstall/Change' or 'Eliminate'.
- As the brief shows up, tick only the checkbox present close to the McAfee WebAdvisor or SiteAdvisor
- Click on 'Uninstall' or 'Eliminate'.
SiteAdvisor is a vital component of Mac's Internet Security. To eliminate SiteAdvisor, you would need to uninstall 'Web Security for Mac' too. For additional instructions, visit TS101226.
Uninstalling from Android
SiteAdvisor is an instilled component of the McAfee Mobile Security item. For uninstalling SiteAdvisor from Android, you would initially need to uninstall the entire programming. For additional instructions on approaching doing this, visit the connection: TS101407.
NOTE: SiteAdvisor is inaccessible for iOS.
Uninstalling the McAfee Windows security item
McAfee Windows security items McAfee SiteAdvisor and WebAdvisor are presently a solitary component of the Windows security item. As a method for security, and as a component of McAfee's continuous endeavors towards ensuring your information, regardless of whether you eliminate the security item, WebAdvisor (or SiteAdvisor Windows XP or Vista empowered PCs), will remain introduced.
- To uninstall WebAdvisor or SiteAdvisor, follow the means mentioned previously.
- For eliminating other McAfee items from a computer running Windows, visit the connection: TS101331.
The most effective method to reinstall your McAfee items
In the event that you have uninstalled your McAfee security items, your gadget stays unguarded.
For downloading and introducing your McAfee product(s) again in the wake of having taken out them before, visit the connection: TS100342.
Keep in mind: Windows Vista or XP are not accessible on Microsoft any longer. Consequently, which could put your gadget in danger from arising dangers. McAfee strongly recommends that you update your PC's working framework to a more current version quickly.
McAfee Support for McAfee items running XP or Vista is restricted:
- McAfee gives only "best-exertion" support for Windows XP compatible McAfee items.
- The current McAfee Windows security items are not Windows XP compatible. Version 12.8 is the most as of late dispatched McAfee Windows security items to help Windows XP.
- For insights concerning Microsoft's finish of help for Windows XP, see Microsoft's warning.
- Likewise with Windows XP, McAfee gives only "best-exertion" support for McAfee items introduced on Windows Vista.
- For insights regarding Microsoft's help for Windows Vista, see Microsoft's Product Lifecycle page.
If you need help with related topics on McAfee, you can check out following links: